Friday, January 24, 2014

My Friend, the POM.


I've decided to start to do some posts on individual food, as well as recipes.  My heart lies in health, and teaching about it.  I'm not perfect.  Not even close.  But i am learning and am continuing to learn more then I ever have before, and I'd LOVE to share some of that info with you all.  (all 5 of you? ha)

The Pomegranate is supposed to be the most POWERFUL of all antioxidants in fruits.
It supports your immune system.
Is Shown to lower blood pressure.
Cancer-fighting agents.

and those are just to name a few!!!
(by the way...feel free to research it yourself too!! I don't know everything, and I won't pretend that I do!!! PLUS, i'd LOVE for any of my readers to learn more on their own!!!)

A big reason people don't buy these beauties are because it's "TOO HARD"

well, you can look up all kinds of "how to eat a pomegranate" online, but it's true, a lot of it does led you back to complicated procedures.  :)

Here's an effective way i've found to eat my pom's!  EASILY.

have a large bowl of cold water ready!
get a cutting board and cut the thing in half, and put in the water.
put another bowl nearby (to put the fruit in)
(i'd recommended doing this in the sink)


at this point, take your hands and just fish those seeds out!! Having it in water keeps in SO MUCH CLEANER!

Then you can strain seeds in colander and put in a bowl, or fish them out with your hands!

ENJOY!

A remember there is some truth to the saying "you are what you eat!"







No comments:

Post a Comment