Thursday, January 9, 2014

Yet again another new way of eating.

So, My husband and I have decided to spend 60 days eating "paleo."

This is also known as "the cave man diet"

It's just another way we want to experient with our diets :)

basically, it is NO:

grains
legumes
refined sugars
starchy veggies
dairy.


Let me tell you guys....it is HARD.  I want cheese.   We are on day 9 and some of my cravings for dairy have NOT subsided.  But, I'm glad i'm doing it!
I like switching things up, and trying to become as healthy as I can.

If you know me, you know i Love spaghetti.  Paleo is pretty hard to eat spaghetti on.

So, i made these "noodles"



That, is a bunch of "noodles" made from zucchini.  Tossed in some olive oil and lemon juice.  

and they were 
DIVINE.

I made my own "sauce" (which consisted of tomatoes and lean beef) to go on top.  
My whole family GOBBLED this right up.


here is what I did.

Took 4 large zucchini's and used a julienne peeler to make the "noodles"

I tossed them in a bit of olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and oregano. 

you can eat them just like that if preferred.

But, I tossed them in a pan to make them nice and hot!

I then cooked up onions with lean beef, used a can of crushed tomatoes, spices of my preference, and called it the "sauce."

how easy is that?!


eat.up!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is the perfect way to have pasta without the pasta!! haha. Thank you SO much for sharing, Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem!!! I'm glad you like the idea :) let me know how you like them if you try!!! :)

      Delete