Monday, June 9, 2014

How do I attempt to keep my family from getting sick (Part 2)

Okay folks,  It's been quite a while.  But, i'm super excited to share with you what i'm about to share.  A huge part of what has been a life changer for my family and our health, is:


essential oils




My family has been using essential oils for a year now.  Our health has totally transformed.  In the past year we have gone to the doctor a total of two times.  One for Owen's ear infection, and one for the shoulder problems I've been having (that's a neat story too- will share later!)  Before using oils, we visited the doctor once a month, no joke.  A ear infection would pop up, or some random virus, all the time.  Sometimes we would go a little longer then that, but especially during flu season we could be there monthly.   
At first, when I learned about doTERRA essential oils i thought, "what's the catch?"  but as I have researched and learned more and more, and used them more and more, I realize that it just makes sense!!!   God designed our bodies to heal themselves, with the right input of the right things!   Back in the bible days, how do you think people helped themselves when they were sick?? They used what God gave them!!! Plants, the earth,  you name it! 

What is an essential oil??
Essential oils are natural aromatic compounds found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants. They can be both beautifully and powerfully fragrant. If you have ever enjoyed the gift of a rose, a walk by a field of lavender, or the smell of fresh cut mint, you have experienced the aromatic qualities of essential oils. In addition to giving plants their distinctive smells, essential oils provide plants with protection against predators and disease and play a role in plant pollination. 
Essential oils are non water-based phytochemicals made up of volatile aromatic compounds. Although they are fat soluble, they do not include fatty lipids or acids found in vegetable and animal oils. Essential oils are very clean, almost crisp, to the touch and are immediately absorbed by the skin. Pure, unadulterated essential oils are translucent and range in color from crystal clear to deep blue.






                                                            How do you use them?
The better question for my family at least, is how DON'T i use them ?? ;)  It's so fun to learn about how each individual plant has qualities that can help us.  At first i was using them for headaches, scrapes on the kids, ear aches, cold sores, inflammation, bruises, etc!  And cleaning- i love using them to clean.   I've recently been using them for my seasonal allergies.  That's right- i've YET to had to take an allegra or allergy pill this year because I just use oils!!! And my most RECENT success with oils has been with my shoulder.  Some of you know, i've been having INTENSE shoulder pain.  I went to the doctor only to have her tell me i have "partially frozen shoulder" and prescribe me a LARGE amount of anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxer.   I know that there are oils that have anti-inflammatory properties, so i went home and did my research!!!  Fast forward to almost 3 weeks later, and i have almost NO pain in my shoulder.  It's so so much better.  It's not totally gone yet, but it is NIGHT AND DAY difference!!!!!   I'm so excited about that!!! I didn't even fill my prescriptions the doctor gave me.  So, what did I do?? I used a combination of frankincense and Thyme oil.  (if you want to learn about frankincense oil and why i might choose that oil, check this out: http://www.everythingessential.me/Oils/Frankincense.html  and thyme; http://www.everythingessential.me/Oils/Thyme.htm)and I used one of doTERRA's blends called "deep blue" for pain & inflammation.  ( http://www.everythingessential.me/Blends/DeepBlue.html )I applied these twice and day, AND- i've been faithfully taking doTERRA's Lifelong Vitality Vitamins.  I would recommend ANYONE with chronic pain or fatigue, or  just anyone who wants to live a healthier life, to try these out!!!!!  There is a 100% money back guarantee if you try them and aren't satisfied.   I was on them for a while about a year ago- then went off of them because I thought they were too expensive & i was trying to pinch pennies.  Well, I'm right back on them and pinching pennies ELSEWHERE, bc these are just so good for me!!! I definitely attribute my lessening of shoulder pain to those as well!   I've noticed that people will pour money into going out to eat, vacations, new clothes, you name it! But, when it comes to ourselves and our health, we become more tightfisted.   Which is why i went back on those vitamins... I've realized that my health is one of the most IMPORTANT things I can do for myself!!!








I truly believe in using natural things to help our bodies heal themselves!!  These products have been so awesome for my family, that I signed up to be a rep.  So, if you have any questions- please email me (lroseburkey@gmail.com) or fb me or whatever!!! I love to discuss them with people and my hope is that I can help other people feel empowered in taking care of their family and health, naturally! :) I'd love to hear some of your health needs and maybe recommend what might be beneficial to you!!!  You can check out products and prices at www.mydoterra.com/laurenrburkey 



ps- if you have used doTERRA oils and have an awesome testimonial to share on this post, in the comments, PLEASE DO! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment