Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A quick dinner when your in a time crunch!

Let's be honest.  We all have nights where we didn't plan dinner.  Where we are in a time crunch and we need something QUICK.

Here is one of my GO TO quick meals.  Something I grab when i'm at the grocery store and realize i don't have a clue what we are doing for dinner.

Stir-fry.  Stir-fry is a life saver for us.  I buy a package of chicken sausage (read your ingredients .not all chicken sausage is equal) and a package of PRE CHOPPED veggies.  That's right, I spend a little more money and buy the nicely packaged pre sliced up and arranged stir fry veggies. (generally found next to veggie trays in the produce department    And then I dump it all into a pan. :)  Sure, buying veggies already prepped costs a little bit more, but it saves this family LOTS of calories and fat at the fast food drive through!


-i heat& sauté  in a pinch of olive oil.  Generally i add sea salt and pepper, and some balsamic vinegar for flavor!  usually take mes 20 minutes MAX.




(confession:  Yes, there are times we still do fast food.  I'm not perfect. Working on getting better and better though!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment