Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I'm not sure what direction i'm going.

Hi friends,

I've decided to do it.  I've decided to start a food & health blog.  I'm not entirely sure what direction this will take, i may end up taking a picture of my dinner every night and just slamming it up here :) But i'm taking a leap and we'll see what's to come!

Here are a few reasons I'm starting this blog:

1.) i LOVE to cook & bake.  I get paid to do it every day, plus i do it at home too.  In short, i do it a LOT, it takes up a LOT of my time, and so i'd LOVE to share it with you.

2.) I'm passionate about getting healthy.  As someone who has always and continues to, struggle with her weight, i love eating things that make me feel GOOD, and WHOLE.

3.) I've been asked to!  I make weekly menu plans and have been asked MANY times for those plans, for recipes, etc.  So now when i'm asked- i can direct those askers right HERE! :)


I'll leave you with a tasty treat that I made this weekend.  Memorial day called for a treat, and because I've been working so hard to loose weight, i didn't want it to completely derail me!  Thus, Brownies!  (Made from sweet potatoes!)







  • 3 eggs, whisked
  • 1 small sweet potato 
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil (make sure it can withstand medium high heat up to 365°F)
  • 1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips (can be omitted) 
  • 1/4 cup almond flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 3 Tbs cocoa powder
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
how do i do it?
  1. Bake the sweet potato at 400°F for about an hour until it is very soft.
  2. After the sweet potato is cooked, reduce heat to 350°F!
  3. Once the potato is cooked, peel and mash it in a large bowl. Then add in eggs, honey, and oil.
  4. In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients: almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, cinnamon.
  5. Add dry ingredients into the wet and stir well. Fold in chocolate chips.
  6. Grease a 9×9 baking dish and bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes until firm.
  7. Let cool, then cut into desired size.

1 comment: