Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Don't be fooled!

Commercials, ads, social media.  This is the type of advertising that WORKS, and gets us to buy stuf! And some foods and drinks that are advertised as healthy, are NOT healthy.  Here are some of the top offenders in my opinion.  And the ones that drive me nuts.   I'll only go over a few today!

(you are always welcome to do your own research--don't feel like you must take what i say for Gold...although it probably is...kidding, kidding.)


1. NUTELLA
     this one kills me.  Like, literally it kills me.   Their ads say things like "start your day with a BALANCED breakfast."  Lets get real kids.  You'd literally be better off eating potato chips (calorie wise, sugar wise and fat wise) then you would nutella.  I'm not saying potato chips are good..i'm just saying..nutella being "healthy"  no no no.   (also, i love nutella...so i try to avoid it at all costs)


- read that advertising.  wowza.


2. FROZEN "HEALTHY" MEALS
    you know the ones.  "Smart ones"  "Lean Cuisine"   I won't lie, years ago, I used to buy these for Mark & I.  Looking only at calories and thinking "well if i keep my lunch under that many calories it's all good."  False.  Check out the sodium content on those suckers.  Sky High.  And, if your reading ingredients and you can't pronounce nor do you have any clue what an ingredient is, you probably shouldn't be eating it.



3. Several things entitled "SKINNY"  specifically now taking a look at "skinny" cow ice cream sandwhiches"
      I'll let this article do the talking:





I'll be the first to admit for years I bought the frozen meals and the skinny ice cream.  I looked merely at calories and fat and sugar.   But, i'm learning a LOT about food.  It's disheartening how much of the "healthy" food is actually not very healthy.   As i learn more, i'll share more.  And i love doing so, Which is a huge reason i started this blog!

moral of the story:

KNOW your ingredients! 




(all images grabbed from google)







No comments:

Post a Comment